Split IBasicVersionControl into IBasicVersionControl (for (D)VCS) and IVersionControl (for VCS)

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Jun 8 20:45:23 UTC 2008

On Sunday, 8. June 2008, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> If I don't mistake some functions of IBasicVersionControl will be pure
> within IDistributedVersionControl. For example: import, edit, unedit,
> maybe localRevision and resolve.

Isn't file locking (edit and unedit) purely a feature of centralized VCSs?
It tells the server not to accept other commits temporarily, which is against
the very idea of a DVCS. If a split is made, I think that functionality
should move towards ICentralizedVersionControl (or however it's called).

-- Jakob