Split IBasicVersionControl into IBasicVersionControl (for (D)VCS) and IVersionControl (for VCS)

Evgeniy Ivanov powerfox at kde.ru
Sun Jun 8 18:58:58 UTC 2008

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Saturday 07 June 2008 10:29:36 Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
>
>> There are two ways to add DVCS plugins in KDevelop: add the code for
>> IDistributedBasicVersionControl (clone in some places 10 lines with
>>

> add the code for IDistributedBasicVersionControl to what?

Sorry, forgot to add this, see an attachment. Also there is another
similar code: kdevelop/appwizard/appwizardplugin.cpp:172.
>> changes for IDistributed) or to
>> split IBasicVersionControl into IBasicVersionControl (for (D)VCS) and
>> IVersionControl (for VCS), so in some places IBasicVersionControl may be
>> used both  for VCS and DVCS plugins.
>> First approach will not brake current SVN/Perforce/CVS plugins, but we
>> will have about 2-3 ugly functions. Using second we have to do minor
>> changes to VCS plugins, but the code will be looked cute.
>>

> IBasicVersionControl  should the base class for IDistributedVersionControl.
> What's wrong with doing it that way?
If I don't mistake some functions of IBasicVersionControl will be pure
within IDistributedVersionControl. For example: import, edit, unedit,
maybe localRevision and resolve.
Maybe I didn't inspect where and how all things from
IBasicVersionControl are used, but as I saw only name(),
createImportMetadataWidget() are important for KDevelop's  VCS plugin
system.

--
Best Regards,
Evgeniy