Crash after requesting context menu (after reopening the project)

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:32:38 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 11:22:03 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 31.07.08 10:31:48, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:

> > > Did you find out why?
> >
> > I'm not 100% but I think it's the plugin doing a deleteLater() when
> > unloading.
>
> Aaah, now I see whats happening. The problem is that the
> plugincontroller only removes a plugin from its internal cache when its
> actually destroyed, not when its unloaded. Thats wrong and needs to
> change. Going to do that right now.

sweet

> > > No it didn't. How do you know it rots? I'm not seeing much sense behind
> > > factoring out code from closeProject, unless its used in more than one
> > > place - which isn't the case (taking into account the above comment).
> >
> > Hmm that's common practice to increase readability, or so I was taught ;)
> > Whenever you feel like a chunk of code is non trivial enough to comment
> > it, use an ExtractMethod refactoring instead. I would say keep that.
>
> Well, I don't think this code is fitting into that. Its pretty straight
> forward IMHO.

There's plenty of comments there though. The thing is that you want code to be
readable for people not familiar with a particular component, like I was. If
they think it is not reading fluently, it should be re-factored.
'unloadUnusedPlugins()' shows much better what is going on and allows a reader
to skip it if that's not what they are looking for, rather than getting
overwhelmed with details.

Manuel