Expose qtests through buildsystem

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 04:12:32 UTC 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Aleix wrote:

> If you think this is the correct way to work i'll commit it

Not that this is of any concern for those of us with CMake, but what
about handling automake or standard Makefile projects with this? In
most cases, automake is 'make check' and the standard Makefile
projects could use whatever they want. What about ant, should somebody
step up with support for that?

Just curious.
--
Matt

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Aleix <aleixpol at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I will add it when someone gives a logical way to do it.
>
> We were discussing about it but we didn't sort it out.
>
> What do you think about a bool ProjectTargetItem::isTest() method?
>
> Bye,
> Aleix
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Manuel Breugelmans
> <mbr.nxi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2008 22:54:40 Aleix wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Manuel Breugelmans <mbr.nxi at gmail.com
> >

> > wrote:
> > > A couple of weeks ago it was suggested to provide test executable
> > > location from the buildtool. While this is not doable for all
> builders
> > > (and surely not
> > > for all test frameworks) its the route to go for the qtest+cmake
> > > combination.
> > >
> > > Unless I overlooked it's not yet implemented. Does anyone plan
> to? If not
> > > I could probably do it, with a bit of directions. Maybe subclass a
> > > ProjectTargetItem with a ProjectTestTargetItem?
> >
> > There is no API at the moment for that, I can do it if you want to
> (if you
> > can wait for me to finish exams)...
> >
> > By do it I mean add the API and implement it to cmake.
>
> Do you still plan to add this? I've done a quick ``find
> 'CmakeLists.txt' | grep
> "kde4_add_unit_test" '' parser a couple of weeks ago but obviously
> prefer not
> to use it.
>

> Manuel
>
> > Aleix