KDE/kdevplatform/veritas

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:33:05 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 13:02:19 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > So invoking `make && make buildtests' will not compile. Proper
> > solution is probably something with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.
>
> No, proper solution is to include the .cpp files that you want to test
> directly, or build another library thats not installed but just used for
> the tests (which then uses default visibility).
>
> Using the build-type is not the proper way of deciding wether tests
> should be built or not.

Hmm I don't quite follow you on that ;)

How is the problem here (pass an extra visibility flag) to make stuff testable
different from making your code debuggable (pass an extra -g flag)? In my book
it isn't. The debug thingy is handled with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE through
RelWithDebInfo and friends.

Anyway I'll take a dive into cmake doc's later to check if this is user
extensable. Compiling twice is not an option really ... way too slow (would
you always compile twice to get debug symbols? Not me nor anyone I know.).

Related to this: I will need an extra build configuration for the third part of
my SOC: coverage. Gcov needs some linker flags to be added. It would be nice if
this is somehow abstracted away for the user.

Manuel