Howto deal with "todo" items

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 20:10:58 UTC 2008

On 26.01.08 11:29:34, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Saturday 26 January 2008 11:15:44 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 January 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > So the question is: How do we want to "fix" this? I thought about
> > > using wishlist items in bugzilla, however kdevelop's wishlist list is
> > > soo large that these get easily lost. Also its not really wishlist
> > > items but real todo things that need to be done before 4.0 can go
> > > out...
> > >
> > > Ideas?
> >
> >  XML file that contains TODO items (with attributes like status="todo",
> > status="started"), which is rendered by a php script? I can create a
> > Quanta DTEP which helps you to create such XML files, once we have the
> > format of it.
> >  Sometime in the past KDE had such a feature planning page.
> >  All this in the svn. I don't know what part of the .kde.org is at this
> > moment writable, previously you could put up such things to
> > developer.kde.org.
>
> We also have todo on the wiki and on doxygen.

Sorry, but all that doesn't work for me.

I hate editing wiki's, especially larger pages so this rules out
techbase, as well as our own wiki.

Hmm, do we already have an 4.0 entry for kdevelop on b.k.o? If not I guess I
could live with putting my stuff into bugs.kde.org as wishlist items,
set the version to 4.0 and use the severity to make them important. This
would also allow to easily see whats still to be done for 4.0 and to
have a point for newbies to point at.

So, who has enough bko vodoo power to create a new version for
kdevelop 4.0.0?

Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.