[RFC] soversion of kdevplatform libraries

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 14 20:05:43 UTC 2008

On 14.01.08 20:36:11, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just had a look at the installation of kdevplatform and found that the
> > libraries all use the GENERIC_LIB_* stuff from kdelibs, which gives us
> > soversion of 4 and version number of 4.0.0 (and soon 4.1.0).
> >
> > IMHO thats a bit dishonest regarding the stability and relatively
> > newness of those libraries. Also its a "huge" jump from the public libs
> > in kdevelop3 (where the libs had soversion 0).
> >
> > How does everybody feel about using soversion 1 and version 1.0.0 for
> > the initial release of kdevplatform?
>
> Without looking at them, do they all have different names now ?
> If so, I think 1.0 is ok.

Yes, all libraries have different names, or what exactly do you mean?
Even if some of the kdevplatform libs would be named the same as
kdevelop3 libs (which isn't the case as far as I can see) all kdevelop3
libs have a soversion of 0, so 1 is greater than that already...

You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.