Issues with KDevelop3 C++ support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 11 19:36:13 UTC 2008

On 11.01.08 10:40:02, David Nolden wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2008 22:13:25 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I'm using KDevelop3 now at work to work on Squish I've found that it
> > has quite a lot of issues with the code. Well not "many" but in many
> > places. In particular:
> >
> > - I can't navigate to methods inside ifdefs (I suspect thats not
> >   fixable, but really annoying) using the toolbar navigator widget
> > - I get code-completion only on very few items and the classes are not
> >   inside any ifdefs or some such.
> > - Jump to Def/Decl often doesn't work at all, no matter wether ifdefs
> >   are involved or not.
> >
> > In general there's a lot of not resolvable symbols. As I know there's
> > only little chance anybody else goes about to fix that: Any hints
> > how/where to start finding hints why the types of these variables are
> > not found?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Are EXPORT macros in class definitions involved? In my experience, there's
> often this problem:

Yes.

> Are all the unresolved symbols within your project, or out of your project?

IIRC QLabel and Co (the only things besides standard C++ and C outside
the project) work mostly.

> Here's a thing that might help with missing macros like SOME_EXPORT:
> - Either turn on include-path resolver, or if that doesn't work, set a sane
> include-path by hand.

That won't work as we're not using make - custom buildtool. So I added
some of the src dirs to the list (though the one with the config.h still
is missing IIRC). I didn't have time to look more into that today, I'll
make more tries on monday. One thing I noticed though is that sometimes
C++ can't resolve types from the header in the corresponding cpp..

> - Enable "preprocess included headers" in the C++ options. This will get those
> macros, as long as the files that contain them can be found in the include
> path. However this will make parsing slower and consume more memory.

I've got that enabled always already :)

You fill a much-needed gap.