Proposal for GSoC, want to get your opinions

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:05:32 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 07:50:35 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Depending on the students pre-knowledge I think yes. Its not just about
> writing a parser for the git output and calling git from inside
> KDevelop.

Btw. please do NOT write an own parser if not absolutely needed, we have
already have to maintain enough of them in kdevelop-4, and I've seen it take
a lot of time. It would be best if the cores of already available and stable
applications like qgit and gitk could be re-used.

A problem about git is that the interface will probably change yet, so being
code-wise close to those apps would make accomodating to such changes easy.

Greetings, David