Proposal for GSoC, want to get your opinions

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Tue Feb 26 00:27:56 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 01:19:51 Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> Will this task be enough to warrant 2-3 months of work?
Imho that depends on what you want to do...

> So:
> 1. Finish basic functionality for a working Git backend.
> 2. Finish basic functionality for a working Mercurial backend.
> 3. Finish basic functionality for a working Bazaar backend.
> 4. Stuff that I can't think of because I didn't follow the evolution
>    of the VCS interfaces and where stuff is still lacking.

I can think of the alternative approach. The student can strive for
completeness and maturity instead of basic functionality. Emacs, for example,
can be the source of inspiration when it comes to vcs integration features.

Also I'd like to see vcs integration plugins extensible (using qtscript or
kross). Basically, there should be a way to run user commands, add them to
appropriate menus, display results, change code in the editor and so on.