[kdev3.5] Bug 153642, grepview + patch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 11:07:51 UTC 2008

On 05.02.08 22:35:51, Bernd Buschinski wrote:
> I have no clue why it was backported from kdev4, I dont like timers at all and
> settings the timeout to 200ms wont help mutch in my opinion.
> Because the timeout deletes text from an used buffer, I mean durring the 200ms
> (and maybe longer) the buffer is still used and stuff is added and deleted,
> and nobody has a clue whats happening after exatcly 200ms.
>
> Maybe I am wrong, but removing the timer looks like the best option to me :)
> The patch fixes the bug, or at least I couldnt find any choped messages.
>
> And by the way if this bug is fixed I am fine with the kdev-3.5.1 release :)

Committed (771541), except the slotReceivedExit change, that part is
wrong. Users of KProcess will also connect to the exited signal and as
order of connects is not guaranteed the KProcess we get might already be
deleted...

You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier
to do.