Breadcrumbs implementation - patch

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:03:14 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2008 18:52:11 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> Yes, but this is only part of the use case.
>
> Tabs are also useful to visibly track what unsaved files do you have at the
> moment...

I agree. We need two efficient ways of navigation:
1. A limited set of files that you're currently working on
2. The whole set of files+class+functions within all projects

A breadcrumb might be good for the second, but it cannot solve the first one.
It should allow navigating the project in relation to the current file.

For the first, we currently have the tabs, and we don't have a replacement
right now(Remember it's not only for navigation, but also for overview to
know what you have open etc.).

I am thinking of modifying the tab-widget so it supports grouping and maybe
even a very simple "tree" like management, this could also be the interface
for the planned working-sets. For now, the tabs only work properly for up to
5 files, but that's still better than nothing.

Greetings, David