Code Review Feature

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 2 21:23:39 UTC 2008

On 02.12.08 15:01:36, Thomas Burdick wrote:
> I mentioned this before in #kdevelop with very little response, but
> basically once kde 4.2 has been released (so kdevelop isn't such a
> hassle to work on...) I'd like to look in to creating a code review
> feature.
>
> What I would expect out of such a feature:
> * Given either a patch or vcs revision iterate through the files and
> show side by side differences in the files with keyboard shortcuts to
> 	1. go to the next file
> 	2. go to the next diff in the file
>
> this is something I currently do in vim with a few awk scripts to sort
> the order of the files (so I get header then the cpp file) and use
> VCSVimDiff (part of a plugin for vim).
>
> Its not great, but pretty good.
>
> What are your thoughts?

I think the idea would be cool, we also want to utilize a diff viewer for
the vcs-support we have (at some point in the future). Last I looked into
this kompare was about the only viable option (i.e. somewhat maintained and
part of trunk/KDE already), it would probably just need a proper public
interface defined on top of the kpart...

Increased knowledge will help you now.  Have mate's phone bugged.