kdev4 with multiple projects + code completion across projects

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Aug 30 13:40:01 UTC 2008

On 30.08.08 10:55:40, Marek Jasovsky wrote:
> 2 questions
>
> does anyone have some template for kdev4 plugin, so that I know what
> is needed to build one?

Just take any of the smaller ones, for example plugins/filemanager in
kdevplatform.

> 2nd one. does code completion for cpp work also within all opened
> projects within one instance of kdev4(this would be workspace scope
> for eclipse / solution scope for VisualStudio) I have the feeling code
> completion does not work as expected when base and derived classes are
> in different projects.

It works always, as long as C++ support can find the relevant headers by
finding the needed include directories. So this might fail for
custom-makefile projects, custom buildsystems and under some
circumstances even for qmake project.

Note though, that code-completion might not get updates when the two
projects depend on each other and you change something in one without
building+installing it. This is because we don't yet have a mapping from
installed header files to the ones inside the source tree of opened
projects. So C++ support simply uses the installed header files at the
moment.

You will have long and healthy life.