KDevelop projectfile-less project capability

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 10 07:39:28 UTC 2008

On 10.08.08 01:53:29, Aleix wrote:
> Along with the uiless, I've been working on in a generator using duchain
> (may be a better or worse idea) and I need to have a dummy project manager
> instantiated in runtime depending on the file we are working on. To have it
> i need to open the project without any some.kdev4 file because of its nature
> (the biggest problem is not that it is not a plugin but that it needs to be
> opened from a file).

Can you be more verbose about that sentence in parenthesis? Why is it a
problem that you have a single-file-project? And why is it a single-file
project anyway, shouldn't the project cover all the files from which you
want to generate something?

> Here it is a patch that lets you specify any project that will work the way
> the user wants to (instead of our cosmos).

As I said via private mail I don't want to block you in your SoC, so if
it is too much trouble without the method I'm ok for it to go in for
now. But I don't want to see this method in our API after the freeze
anymore, unless we find it really useful - not just for the generator.

You are going to have a new love affair.