[patch] Toggle shown docks

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Sat Aug 9 23:22:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 09 August 2008 05:29:48 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 08.08.08 17:04:11, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > Especially on small screens toolviews consume a lot of space. I find
> > myself constantly hiding/showing toolviews manually. The current
> > hideAllDocks slot in IdealMainWidget is defunct

Really?  Maybe someone broke it.

> > , so I've fixed it in the
> > attached patch + modified it a bit so that it restores previously hidden
> > views on the next call.
>
> You mean if I have left+bottom shown, hit hide-all shortcut and hit it
> again I get left+bottom+right? I'm not sure thats good, but then again I
> don't use that (luckily I have large screen's here) so I don't object.

I think he's suggesting you'd get left+bottom back.  Sounds like a decent
feature, don't have time to fully review the patch currently.

> > IdealMainWidget seems to contain more dead code related to this, can
> > someone confirm?
>
> I can confirm that the code see's relatively little attention currently.

That's because it works pretty well.

> I have no idea about what is actually dead and what is not.

I'm not aware of any dead code, I know people other than myself have worked on
it and I've not thoroughly reviewed their work so I couldn't say for sure.

Cheers,
Hamish.