Kdevelop4 gsoc

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Tue Apr 22 12:02:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>  > Since the first part is focussed mostly on QxRunner it seems best to work in
>  > in a local scm for now, instead of directly on the kdevelop svn? I rather not
>  > be responsable for breaking kdev4 builds :)
>
>  Well, the thing is that at some point we probably want to get the code
>  into KDE's svn and still preserve history. This isn't always easily
>  possible when using any XXX-svn bridges. Also its easier for me to track
>  the progress because we have a mailinglist that gets all svn-commits
>  mailed to.

That's of course true, but for DVCS project I'd prefer using Git just
to make sure we eat our own dogfood right from the beginning. If we
need history, I'm sure that can be done with git-svn. The easiest way
of git svn dcommit will obviously not work because we'd like to use
the separate git branch(es) for development. Otherwise we'll never try
using branching/merging from inside KDevelop. I'll figure out how to
do that automatically or in the worst case we'll write our own dcommit
script.