tomasz2k at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Apr 19 08:56:52 UTC 2008
I'm enjoying working with KDev3 on my own mid-size C++ project, I also test KDev4 every few days and I track your commits with http://Fwww.kdevelop.org/HEAD/ChangeLog.rss . I'm excited about your changes and I've collected my wishlist and ideas. Maybe they are useful to you and I hope they help you on KDev4 brainstorm and forming. If you want more descriptions please contant me or discuss on devel list.
Thank you guys in advance for such an excellent work!
1. would it be possible to reimplement GhostDoc for KDevelop? : http://www.roland-weigelt.de/ghostdoc/
It's amazing plug-in, and it's free. Maybe its autor would like to share a code?
It has some advantages e.g. insert base comment for inherited comment or generate comment automatically.
2. some way to view STL containters (and STL string) properly and easy - Vladimir, poeple will sing songs about you if you do it :) I know Microsoft has done it properly on VS .NET but I don't know how.
3. Alt-Tab implementation to switch open windows in recently used order stack. It's one that is missing from other IDEs. Many developers work years with Alt-Tab so there should be implemented. There are details on behaviuor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-Tab
4. colors need to be fixed in some way. I mean there should be colors for class-variables, local variables, one for methods. For now on KDev4 seems to randomly assign colors to variables.
I'd say something like:
green1, green2, ..., green10 for class variables
yellow1, yellow2, ..., yellow10 for local scope variables (parameters)
grey for unused
There has to be some logic in this colors and you'll blow up other IDEs with that. Of course they should be configurable.
5. Are shortcuts grouped in schemas? Maybe we should ship "Redmond" shortcut schema? TBH first thing I've done was to re-configure debug keys to F5-F12 just like I've worked with Microsoft products for years.
6. document outline - I don't mean class view. I mean something like all folded regions put into tree wihtout contents.
7. mouse-over tooltips with type, declaration, comment
8. more Doxygen support, e.g. when completion pops-up
9. "collapse to definitions" collapses all definitions, methods etc. redundantly down
10. "collapse everything" collapses every region redundantly down. Currently it only collapses top level regions, while inner regions are expanded.
11. "follow editor" to class definitions, file trees etc. options
12. "highlight" option. When I put my mouse on variable - every occurance of it shines. I'd just like to have option to "lock this hilight" (also hilight another etc.).
13. ctrl+space pops up completion. I'd like to have a "pop up prototype for this method". It's annoying when you're on third argument, prototype popup is gone, you go back to left parenthisis and ctrl+space again just to know what's the type of third argument.
14. killing-feature (I don't know if even possible) - "this header is unused". Java and Resharper for .NET knows when some include/using/package is unused and they color it to grey, but I know they don't operate on C++ so I don't know if it's possible for this one.
Greetings from rainy Poland,
More information about the KDevelop-devel