[CMake] FindBoost.cmake updated on the bugtracker

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 14:02:30 UTC 2008

On 31.03.08 20:14:00, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just wanted to let interested parties know that I've added a new version
>> of FindBoost.cmake to bug #6257. It fixes a few bugs I still had in
>> v2.
>>
>> I'd delete the existing versions, but unfortunately CMake's bugtracker
>> doesn't allow to do that.
>>
>> Last but not least: Is there any chance of getting this into CMake
>> 2.6.0? Or is it too late?
>
> I cross-posted here with my own updates a few days ago, but only Andreas
> replied last time.
>
> I still have some issues with the current version (assuming it is the
> same as the one in KDE's trunk), due to the prefix searching. I guess
> this could be fixed by looping through the prefixes twice, once for
> NO_DEFAULT_PATHS and once without. My solution was to assign two
> different variables for each FIND_PATH type (with and without default
> paths) and prefer anything found by NO_DEFAULT_PATHS.

I don't understand why you need that, except if your locally installed
version is older than the version in /usr/. Is that the case? Else the
second find_path won't execute if before that your locally installed
version has been found. Also note that those variables you use in
find_path are automatically cached and I don't think they should appear
in it.

Apart from that, you're iterating over all test versions, thats
unecessary.

>            NAMES         boost/config.hpp
> -          PATHS         ${_boost_INCLUDE_SEARCH_DIRS}

Thats the only good change I see in the diff.

You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.