parts/outputviews/compileerrorfilter.cpp r. 669527

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Sep 19 22:32:30 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 17:14, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.09.07 16:14:59, Kris Wong wrote:
> > After months of trying to figure out why my link times suddenly went
> > through the roof (literally), I finally traced it down.  There were
> > changes made to 3 regular expressions in compileerrorfilter.cpp,
> > apparantly to accomdate files with spaces in them.  This introduced two
> > issues.  First, the time for CompileErrorFilter::processLine to run on
> > the link step output for some of my projects jumped from 346
> > milliseconds to 184569 milliseconds (yes, that's 3 minutes).  Second,
> > the output seemed to get messed up at times, and it would display lines
> > about generating object files and such.  I think this needs to be rolled
> > back.  Whoever made the original change (or any one else who's
> > interested) can come up with another solution.
>
> I agree, the change was done by Alexander quite some time ago.

Yes, and I didn't notice problems with it since then. Reverting this change
will break it for projects which have a space in their path (i.e. kdevelop
doesn't take you to the code anymore if you click on the error).

I'm all for making this faster, but I really don't have time to work on this
now.

Alex