VCS Gui-Interface "Design"

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 5 15:40:12 UTC 2007

Jens Herden wrote:
>>> Hmm, maybe
>>>
>>> "Version Control" -> (CVS|Subversion|...)
>>>                      Add
>>>
>>> i.e. a label with the type in the submenu?
>> I'm not sure this is necessary. I'd say just add the standard actions
>> with consistent names, then add any "unique" actions in addition. Is it
>> that important to "see" what VCS you are using in the menu?
>
> If you want to be newbie friendly it would be nice to have it. For people who
> are always knowing what they are doing you would not need this. Except for
> the use case where you have two different VCS in one project where it would
> be nice to see which one you are using, wouldn' t it?
>
> And it is just a label in a submenu.

Oh, ok, I think I misunderstood, I was thinking "CVS"/"Subversion"/etc
was a sub-menu with the "unique" commands. If it's a label... well, I'm
not sure I've ever seen labels in menus, so that might be a bit odd...
otherwise should be OK.

--
Matthew
A pool hall put up a sign in their front window that read: "Profound