VCS Gui-Interface "Design"

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Wed Sep 5 02:34:31 UTC 2007

> > Hmm, maybe
> >
> > "Version Control" -> (CVS|Subversion|...)
> >                      Add
> >
> > i.e. a label with the type in the submenu?
>
> I'm not sure this is necessary. I'd say just add the standard actions
> with consistent names, then add any "unique" actions in addition. Is it
> that important to "see" what VCS you are using in the menu?

If you want to be newbie friendly it would be nice to have it. For people who
are always knowing what they are doing you would not need this. Except for
the use case where you have two different VCS in one project where it would
be nice to see which one you are using, wouldn' t it?

And it is just a label in a submenu.

Jens