QMake manager KDevelop question

Stephan Diederich stephan.diederich at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:06:10 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Michael Downey <michael.downey at pixelgrammetry.com> wrote:
> Can you use the QMake manager to update the .pro files that you have
> created?

We're using the qmake-manager to add/remove sources and dependant
libraries, add QT libs, etc. This works quite well. Sometimes it
happens that the include("clever.pri") isn't the last line in the .pro
file. This needs to be fixed by hand. (it happens if a new variable is
added by the qmake-manager)

[snip]
> I haven't tried
> splitting some of the configuration into separate include files and if
> that is how you get the QMake manager to work well in this situation
> then please let me know.

The split enables us to easy switch configuration of an application
with all its helper libaries from debug to release to checked to ...
We are _not_ using the qmake-manager to switch configurations as we
would have to do this for each library we use. One central place (the
.qmake.cache) to switch is our solution.

> So to see my problem you need to take the example I gave and then use
> the QMake manager and change the configuration.  What happens is that
> the DESTDIR variable gets written out as $${BASEDIR}/release/. Also if
> you have to set up a different Library path for debug and release then
> you get both configurations listed in the subproject settings.  If there
> is a good way to prevent some of these issues then I'd like to know.

I could reproduce the issues, but can only say that they don't show up
with our setup.

HTH,
Stephan