Quickopen

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:07:25 UTC 2007

Finally I'm subscribed to the list again using a new address, so hopefully
this is my last mail that breaks a thread. :)

To the subject:
@Andreas:
"Translation unit" does not mean "File", as Alexander said it includes
included files. Maybe we could call it "File and Imports" or something.

The position of the radio-buttons:
I think they should stay below. While theoretically you're right, we've got to
consider the work-flow here. In 95% of all cases you won't use those buttons.
In most cases you will push a "quickopen ..." shortcut, the dialog will open,
you will start typing into the search-field, and want to feel a direct
interaction between the search-field and the item-list. So it's good that you
don't even notice those radio-buttons in such cases.

But sometimes it will happen that you push "Quickopen ..." in a small project,
and think "Damn this list is totally cluttered, I only want to see a list of
files in my project", and in that confusion, the radio-buttons down there
will save you. :)

greetings, David