Moving KDevelop4 from trunk/KDE/ to trunk/extragear/sdk

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 1 11:25:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I already said this once or twice on this or that list, I'd like to
develop KDevelop4 in extragear instead of trunk/KDE. This has the
benefit of not needing to follow KDE-main's release schedule (including
freezes), easier explanation of the differing version numbers, and less
flaming from those that are annoyed by our "moving around".

Also in KDE4 extragear apps will always be released with a major kde
release, but the tagging has to be done by the original authors, i.e.
they create a tag at some point in time before the next KDE 4.x.y
release and then KDE 4.x.y will include that version.

The only downside: I and probably the rest of you as well, have no idea
how translations are handled in that case...

No date as to when to do this move, its not urgent, I just want to get
the discussion going :)

One last thing: Is extragear/sdk the proper place or should we ask to
get a extragear/devtools?

Andreas

PS: KDevPlatform would stay inside KDE/trunk as its used by quanta in
kdewebdev...

--
You can do very well in speculation where land or anything to do with dirt
is concerned.