Project Management View ideas

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 18:23:17 UTC 2007

On 23.11.07 19:05:04, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > -in order to not scare students away by having them type cryptic commands
> > > at a "DOS prompt"
> >
> > Then they should use a simple buildsystem like qmake ;) And I don't
> > consider g++ -o foo foo.cpp cryptic.
>
> If *we* would consider g++ foo.cpp -o foo cryptic then I guess we wouldn't be
> here hacking free software with GNU tools :-)

I meant I don't consider that cryptic for _anybody_ starting to learn
C++. Sorry, but there are a few basics you just need to learn, and that
you need to compile your source into a binary is one of them. I agree
that one doesn't need to know more than the above as a starter, but that
one is just soooo common.

BTw: How does VS allow to just build 1 C++ file? I guess it doesn't, but
then I haven't used it much anyway.

You have many friends and very few living enemies.