Project Management View ideas

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 15:35:39 UTC 2007

On 23.11.07 11:09:10, David Nolden wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007 10:56:33 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Won't happen. We only support building kdevelop4 projects.
>
> And what's the argument for that? Why shouldn't it be possible to build using
> a command like "g++ exercise.cpp -o exercise", or "./myBuildScript" without
> setting up a project?

Because thats not a use-case for an IDE. If you want to work one a
single file, you should use an editor+shell, I don't see a single reason
to fire up a fully bloated IDE for something like that.

Apart from that there's no API for doing this and I don't like the
projectmanagerview do execution of arbitrary commands.

Its simply not how KDevelop4 is designed.

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.