[VCS] annotation widget

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:16:58 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 November 2007 01:08:38 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just implemented svn annotate in the reworked svn plugin (I didn't yet
> check wether dukju already had a widget for this) and I wonder wether we
> should try to get the kate devs to provide an API for the following:
>
> a) add a "annotation label" to the border, similar to the line numbers,
> in the svn-case it would carry the revison
> b) show an arbitrary tooltip (html-formatted probably) when hovering
> this annotation-label.
> c) eventually some way to specify a color for each label, this would be
> used to group labels with the same content.
>
> IMHO it would be cool if we could show the output of the VCS annotate
> action directly in the editor and thus remove the need for a toolview or
> dialog which again displays all the content from the editor and
> additionally the blame-info.
>
> I asked kate devs already if there maybe is such an interface, but got
> no reply and so before trying it again I'd like input from the other
> kdevelop devs.
>
> Andreas

Isn't this nearly what the problem-reporter does in kdev3? So there might be
something thats nearly usable for this. :)

I've never used the annotate and blame features before, but I'm sure having
such interfaces would be great, also for even better problem-reporting(like
not found include-files etc.)

greetings, David