[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 18:46:57 UTC 2007

On 14.11.07 21:25:43, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 04:59:07 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as a summary and some ideas I had while I couldn't sleep the last
> > hours about the KDev4 UI.
>
> Sorry for jumping late, and possibly incoherently, but it might be
> very good to remove hard distinction between toolview and editor.  For
> example, in KDevelop 3.5 debuggers memory viewer is on the left.  I've
> heard some people request, in earnest, that the memory view be able to
> show some images they store in memory, and for that, putting memory
> view in the central area would be much better -- sqeering 800x600
> image into sidebar won't work. Likewise, for disassembler view --
> especially with interleaved source, it won't fit in tool window.
>
> Will something be possible to solve those issues?

a) maximize the toolview via shortcut or simple mouse action
b) make the toolview window large enough to fit the image and then make
it auto-collapsable to still look at the source code.

I'm not sure its really possible to have "toolviews only" (both
technically and usability-wise).

Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?