[RFC] KDev4 Ui

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 17:38:06 UTC 2007

On 14.11.07 10:12:48, Kris Wong wrote:
> > Also as I said that dropdown-thing only allows to switch
> > between files,
> > while my proposal was about edit-history, which includes
> > multiple places
> > in the same file.
>
> O, I like your edit histroy idea, I'm just saying I think the tab
> widget solution is the best bet as the base functionality for
> switching between open files.  Anything we can add on top of that to
> make it more scalable is a plus.

No, the document list is the proper base functionality to switch between
files, IMHO. The tabs are a plus, because they only work for a handful
of files. So having a tabwidget there is solely for those people that
want to have tabs, we have better ways for the switching between files.

About the drop-down I'm not sure thats needed, I mean opening that one
with the mouse is the same amount of "work" as opening the document
list in ideal mode - including automatic closing when selecting a file
and switching focus back to the editor.

Is that really YOU that is reading this?