[RFC] KDev4 Ui

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:52:08 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007 10:56:31 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, I find that highlighting in kate (2.5 at least) mostly unusable.
> And the document view really shows all documents, without any edit
> positions (note the line numbers). When switching through history I
> think one usually don't cares about the "end" or "beginning", you just
> want to go back a little, or forth and see where you end up. If you want
> to jump directly to a file, a quick-open method is much faster than
> running through edit history.

Hmm yes you're right.

But I think we should at some point do some "hotness" highlighting, in the
tabs, as well as in the document-view. We should implement some algorithm
that takes into account how much the user has edited a document during the
last time, and how much he has watched a document, calculate according
highlighting-colors, and add a one-click way to close documents from within
the document-view.Then you could easily close all the dangling documents you
have just taken a short peek into, without doing too much thinking, and you
wouldn't lose the overview all that fast(Would help our scalability thing ;)

greetings, David