KDevelop 4 - current showstoppers

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 13 21:30:21 UTC 2007

On 13.11.07 20:42:54, David Nolden wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2007 20:12:18 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > That's an important feature I think, that the dockwidgets can deliver.
> > > No widget will need the full height of my 1600x1200 screen.
> >
> > Hmm, well I'm not so sure about that. For example the projectview needs
> > quite some vertical space, as does the class browser. And I don't quite
> > see a widget that needs very little space currently.
>
> What about snippets, maybe a future working-set view, or teamwork?

Teamwork in something like 400pixel height? Are you kidding ;) Well,
maybe if one can remove the Messages/Log tabwidget at the bottom, but
as it currently exists it needs the full height. I agree about snippets,
as long as you don't have too many, and also about a working-set view.

> For some widgets I prefer seeing multiple at a time, instead of having all the
> space taken by one.

I usually prefer fast switching between them, thats why I have alt+num
shortcuts for Application, Messages, Konsole and Project Tree in
KDevelop3 ;)

Anyway, I agree that being able to have multiple toolviews visible
side-by-side  (or above/below) is something we need in the Ui.

Tuesday is the Wednesday of the rest of your life.