KDevelop 4 - current showstoppers

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 13 19:12:18 UTC 2007

On 13.11.07 19:03:09, David Nolden wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2007 18:43:32 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Still TODO for Ideal, and for Qt Dockwidget (harder)
> >
> > How much harder? compared to getting ideal to have drag+drop support and
> > letting the user choose the toolview that fills the corner...
> >
> > IMHO we don't need both, we just need one of the two with all features
> > implemented. And from my POV what the dockwidgets have that our ideal
> > mode doesn't have (yet) is drag'n'drop for the toolviews and somehow
> > defining which toolview gets the corner-space. Ideally the latter could
> > be done "on-the-fly", but a plain config option that needs a restart
> > would be sufficient as well.
>
> Will it be possible to have multiple widgets in one tab with ideal?

Once we have drag'n'drop it should be possible. But that doesn't mean we
should have both modes, it still only means we need one that covers all
needs.

> That's an important feature I think, that the dockwidgets can deliver.
> No widget will need the full height of my 1600x1200 screen.

Hmm, well I'm not so sure about that. For example the projectview needs
quite some vertical space, as does the class browser. And I don't quite
see a widget that needs very little space currently.

Accent on helpful side of your nature.  Drain the moat.