KDevelop4 at Akademy-es

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:34:22 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007 21:05:51 Aleix wrote:
> Hi,
> This weekend I am giving a presentation about KDevelop+CMake at the
> akademy-es we are taking in Zaragoza, Spain (http://dot.kde.org/1194496190/
> ).
>

> I will talk about kdevelop3 and cmake and, of course kdevelop4 with it. I
> would like to tell about the new features KDevelop4 will bring when
> released too (I am thinking about new C++ support, python, or VCS
> integration, etc.)
>
> I would like that if any of you have some material or think that I would
> have to talk about something, tell it to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Aleix

Here just a few interesting things from my side:
1. KDevelop Teamwork will probably be ready, so it'll be possible to
communicate directly within documents(discuss about passages of source-code
while the code is located in the document using an editing-tolerant
algorithm), collaboratively edit documents, and exchange patches for review.
I'm still planning to add jabber support once the C++ support calms down a
bit. :)
Here's some more information about it
http://www.commit-digest.org/issues/2006-09-10/

2. Code completion:
- Nearly configuration-free(only include-path needed)
- C++ part is striving for nearly complete code-understanding, which will lead
to refactoring once the understanding is good enough
- Full Metaprogramming support with static expression evaluation etc.
- Navigation-views directly integrated into the completion-list
- Recursive argument-hints, highlighting of match-quality in the argument-hint
list, and in the completion-list
- "Best matches" section at the top of the completion-list with items that
match the arguments of called functions best
- Completion for operators like "bla << |complete here"
- Code-highlighting based on code-understanding

Just to mention some of the things coming into my mind that are greatly
different from kdevelop-3.

Hope those points help you a little. :)

greetings, David