Project configuration files

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Nov 10 22:26:48 UTC 2007

On 10.11.07 17:17:02, Aleix wrote:
> Some time ago I managed to get the cmake manager configuration to work good
> enough but in a tricky way. Now it is not working anymore and I have decided
> to hack on it a little bit because I think it should be "rock stable".
>
> The first problem I have is that I need some of the information in the
> config files to parse the project properly (e.g. you can set your preferred
> cmake installation and so).
> This is a problem because, AFAIK, I only have access to the
> KDevelop::IProject::projectConfiguration() method from the manager, which is
> the <projectdir>/<project>.kdev4 file,

No its not, at least it shouldn't be. projectConfiguration is a cascaded
configuration using values from projectdir/project.kdev4 as default and
reading/writing values to projectdir/.kdev4/project.kdev4. This might
have been broken during the last KConfig changes in kdelibs, I'll have a
look at that.

> The second problem is that I don't have access to the shared config instance
> >from the ProjectKCModule and the KCModule interface is useful, but not
> powerful enough I think (I would like some values to be in the config files
> that are deducted from the UI).

Sorry, I don't understand this part.

You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people.