CMAKE_MODULE_PATH and cmake import

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 11:54:09 UTC 2007

On 07.11.07 12:42:18, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> To start with the question: Is setting CMAKE_MODULE_PATH supported by the
> CMake module? If not, where should I start if I want to fix it?

AFAIK: Yes, at least it works here for me with kde4 :) But Aleix should
know for sure.

> And the background:
>
> I'm trying to get the svn version of kdevelop to work well enough to do my
> daily work with, so that when I get annoyed by something I can fix it :)

Ooooh, I'm not sure thats a good idea. Doesn't KDevelop3 work good
enough for you? OTOH more people fixing the little annoyances, or even
just complaining about them might make it basically usable in shorter
time :)

> My first problem comes when kdevelop attempts to parse the CMake files.
> Apparently, KDevelop doesn't understand this line
>
> set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${calypso_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake_modules/")

That smells like a bug, it does understand the similar line in KDevelops
sources:

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/modules)

There are two things differing:
a) you're using the <project>_SOURCE_DIR variable, dunno if that is
supported
b) quotes, dunno either if the cmake parser does the right things with
these, though I'd suspect rather a) being the problem than b)

> I tried to set it manually in project options (Cmake, advanced) but this just
> crashed kdevelop.

Have a backtrace?

Don't go surfing in South Dakota for a while.