KDE/kdevelop/buildtools/managers/custommake

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 31 17:43:27 UTC 2007

On 31.05.07 13:07:38, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/5/30, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 30.05.07 19:11:50, Dukju Ahn wrote:
> > > SVN commit 669909 by dukjuahn:
> > >
> > > Implementing Directory watcher in custom make manager.
> >
> > The stuff you do inside the directory
> > changed slot should probably go into the filesystem watcher class and
> > then the whole class should go somewhere into lib/ so other project
> > managers can benefit from that (QMake will need this too).
>
> One problem on directoryChanged() slot is regarding the Makefile. If makefile
> is *created*, the slot should update the list of target. Problem happens
> because each manager has different name of makefile(CMakeList, *.pro, *.am etc)
> Moreover, IBuildSystemManager:;findMakefiles(KDevelop::ProjectFolderItem*)
> cannot be used because QMakeManager doesn't fetch the .pro list from disk --
> it fetches from projectfolderitem, which cannot reflect newly created file.

You misunderstood, I think. What I meant should be factored out is
wether files/dirs where added or removed from a directory and then emit
a proper signal like "addedEntries(KUrl::List)" and
"removedEntries(KUrl::List)". Yes that needs some additional data to be
stored (the "old" list of entries in a directory). I didn't mean you
should move project-related stuff into the file. Also it would be more a
KDevelopFileSystemWatcher then.

> So, I'll add "virtual Watcher::fileCreated( QString filePath,
> ProjectFolderItem* parent )"
> and each managers only have to reimplement this small method.

I don't see what you mean specifically, where do you want to add this
method, from where would it be called?

Your boss climbed the corporate ladder, wrong by wrong.