KDE/kdevelop/buildtools/managers/custommake

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:07:38 UTC 2007

2007/5/30, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 30.05.07 19:11:50, Dukju Ahn wrote:
> > SVN commit 669909 by dukjuahn:
> >
> > Implementing Directory watcher in custom make manager.
>
> The stuff you do inside the directory
> changed slot should probably go into the filesystem watcher class and
> then the whole class should go somewhere into lib/ so other project
> managers can benefit from that (QMake will need this too).

One problem on directoryChanged() slot is regarding the Makefile. If makefile
is *created*, the slot should update the list of target. Problem happens
because each manager has different name of makefile(CMakeList, *.pro, *.am etc)
Moreover, IBuildSystemManager:;findMakefiles(KDevelop::ProjectFolderItem*)
cannot be used because QMakeManager doesn't fetch the .pro list from disk --
it fetches from projectfolderitem, which cannot reflect newly created file.

So, I'll add "virtual Watcher::fileCreated( QString filePath,
ProjectFolderItem* parent )"
and each managers only have to reimplement this small method.

Does this goes to lib??