VcsJob question and suggestion

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 30 21:44:53 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 30.05.07 15:00:29, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Now... what about reconsidering VcsDiffType::DiffTerse (unified only)? I
>> know we originally said 'no', but I don't think we condidered the case
>> of 'give me a#1+diff(a#1,a#2), diff(a#2,a#3), diff(a#3,a#4), ...'.
>> Obviously just the unified-diff is preferable in this case.
>
> Whats the use case? I recall you said something about looking at the
> history of changes in terms of seeing the diffs, but I don't really see
> a use-case.

I was thinking about emulating annotate() with log()+diff() for e.g.
perforce when the server doesn't support it. Or to generate time-lapse
views. I'm not sure though if it is useful to export that or not, so
maybe it can either be internal... or we can change our minds later :-).

--
Matthew
Ideas in this e-mail are larger than they appear and the writer may be