VcsJob question and suggestion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 30 18:43:20 UTC 2007

On 30.05.07 13:06:02, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 30.05.07 09:40:35, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> Ok, so we are not returning a QPair<something,something> then. :-) That
> >> makes sense.
> >
> > Seems you didn't read my mail close enough, I said that we'd return a
> > small class around QPair<> ;)
>
> ...which is not a QPair :-). Although if we are going to return a small
> class, why not VcsDiff::{{first,second}File{Text,Binary},diffText}? Or
> did you mean that the data will be stored privately as a QPair?

Right, a simple API like the following around a QPair.

VcsDiff::Type type()
QByteArray firstBinary()
QByteArray secondBinary()
QString diff()
QString firstText()
QString secondText()

Where any of the 5 methods may return an empty string, depending on the
type...

Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.