REMINDER: Final review of VCS interfaces

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 29 19:52:26 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 29.05.07 13:43:47, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> IMHO it should be author, because it really is the _author_ of that
>>> change that you get.
>> That's what I was thinking too. So we still want VcsEvent to be "user",
>
> No, actually that should be author too.
>
>> however? (Because "author" doesn't seem to make as much sense in that
>> context.) That's really all I'm doing, pointing out that there is a
>> disparity and confirming that we meant to do that.
>
> No, IMHO author() is perfectly fine in VcsEvent, its the author of that
> single revision.

I like "user" because if all you do is copy some files, you didn't
really "author" anything (what about graphics, they have "artist" not
"author :-)), but I also like consistency, so it's changed now.

> Also the name doesn't fit very well (yes I know we had
> that discussion).

...meaning "VcsEvent"?

--
Matthew
"A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in."