VcsJob question and suggestion

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:11:49 UTC 2007

1. name change

KJob has errorString() and kill(), which are same with
VcsJob::errorMessage() and cancel().
Although I know that VcsJob are not "officially" related with KJob,
"practically" we, at least CVS and svn, may want to double-inherit from
KJob and VcsJob both. ( I now agree that VcsJob is mere interface, not
subclass of KJob )

So please change the VcsJob's two method name into KJob's name.

2. QVariant VcsJob::fetchResults()

So, what is the actual type for QVariant?
When status(), QVariant ( const QMap<QString, QVariant> & val ) ??
and the QVariant at QMap should be VcsState value.

When log(), annotate()  and diff(), what is the format of QVariant?
may this? QVariant qVariantFromValue ( const T & value )??

What if  other plain actions such as commit() add(), copy(), ??
Is it worth for them to implement fetchResults() ?? I don't think so.
Only retrieving FinishStatus would be sufficient for them.

3.
VcsJob should have finishStatus() also.