Review of output view interface

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Mon May 28 01:41:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

I took some time and reviewed the output view interface.

General Questions and comments:

- Why are we still using K3Process? What's wrong with QProcess that makes it
impossible for us to use it instead? At this point in time, I couldn't care
less about what other breakages switching away from K3Process will cause. If
QProcess fits our needs (and I don't see how it wouldn't) we need to make the
switch.

- Outputviews should only be a display mechanism. We need to come up with
something different to use to run external processes and capture the output.

IOutputView:

- Remove the reference to a new tab in the API docs for the queueCommand
function. The view doesn't necessarily have to be created within a tab. Tabs
are an implementation detail of the view plugin.

- Remove queueCommand. See above.

- The documentation is a bit parse. Function parameters should be documented.

--
Matt