[KDev4] Improving mainwindow UI

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sat May 26 22:04:11 UTC 2007

On Saturday 26 May 2007 16:19:13 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 26.05.07 09:55:46, dukju ahn wrote:
> > 1.
> > Current KDev4 mainwindow doesn't allow to hide entire docking
> > window easily -- we should close every 4 tab to remove bottom
> > docwidget. OTW, in Kdev3.4, we could lower dock window group
> > by clicking its tab only once.
> > This is necessary to acquire wide editor window.
>
> Thats not really right, to acquire a wide editor window (whoever needs
> that, we have a policy of 76 character wide lines) you should buy a
> larger monitor and support your countries economy with this ;)

I think the docks simply MUST be hidable! Ever heard about split-view and
such? Sometimes there's a better use for the screen's surface than having it
filled with currently unused dock-widgets.

Even on my 1600x1200 screen I usually hide the docks to have more overview
thanks to split-view.

Also there's still enough 1024x768 laptops(like for example mine) around, and
such laptops are still sold. Why make the life of people with low-resolution
screens unnecessarily hard?

greetings, David