[KDev4] allowing multiple tab with same title

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 22 10:00:03 UTC 2007

On 22.05.07 15:35:46, dukju ahn wrote:
> Currently when queuing and excuting command, outputview doesn't
> allow opening tabs with same title. Also the title is automatically choosen
> as an executing filename: the caller of outputview can't choose its title.
> Are these intentional design? Or are these just TODO list?

Yes.

> Why don't we allow opening multiple tabs with same name? For example,
> when building multiple project, user may want to have different tab
> for each project.

Multiple tabs with the same name are a no-go. That is completely
confusing for the user, especially if the content is similar (see my
mail about the log output from svn in kdev3)

> Also
> the caller should be able to choose its title. For example, suppose that
> GrepView uses OutputView. Then he may want the title to be "grep blah"
> or something, not just "grep".

Yes, sure. You know I only put as much effort into the outputview so
that it will be working for running make/qmake and possibly some info
from the vcs plugins. I didn't start on any fancy features, because
there are other places in KDevelop that need attention - IMHO.

Are you a turtle?