KDevelop4/win32 and SVN, the sad story

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 13 22:25:57 UTC 2007

On 11.05.07 14:03:17, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess this should rather be a blog entry, but I don't have one because
> I'm not a blogger :)
>
> So, my adventure to build KDevelop4's subversion plugin came to a dead
> end :( The reason is simply that the subversion project doesn't target
> mingw as compiler. They provide static libraries compiled with MSVC as
> binaries to develop against and they don't provide a buildsystem that is
> easily usable on windows with mingw.
>
> I already opened an issue in their tasktracker to ask for proper symbol
> exporting to make it possible to build dynamic libraries for subversion.
> I hope I get a response to that sooner or later, else I guess we have to
> switch to the MS compiler if we want to provide pre-built packages with
> subversion support enabled. (Or somebody is brave enough to add this to
> subversion)

Some news on this as can be seen on the BR: subversion's trunk builds
shared libs according to the developers. Unfortunately I can't test this
because one has to be a apr/svn/MSVC crack to get this stuff to compile,
at least thats what it looks like. There are no up-to-date documents
about building it in MSVC and it only seems to work from commandline,
not in the IDE if you use the Express edition...

Well, so we still don't have svn support on win32 because our
requirements are not met there.

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes.  You'll learn a lot today.