[VCS] Merging IAtomic* into IBasic*

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 18:00:13 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.05.07 10:10:22, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Just to clarify:
>> repositoryRevision gets the most recent revision committed to the /whole
>> repository/ (like the "Last Changed Rev" in 'svn info'). So if I am
>> understanding you correctly, there is no such thing in CVS. Note that
>> repositoryRevision does *not* take a repo path. I think you would use
>> log() to get the information you are talking about.
>
> Did you look at repositoryRevision lately? It does take a path and IMHO
> its not what you want it to be. It tells you the last revision when the
> given path was changed. What would use-case do you have for knowing the
> latest global revision number?

Hmm, so it does, in which case I am mis-remembering. Given that it is in
IAtomicBrowsableVC I think I must have meant for it to work as described
above, since as it is currently written, it does indeed belong in
IBrowsableVC. That being the case, do you think it's worth keeping
repositoryRevision when it's just a simplified log()?

I guess the only obvious use case is to facilitate getting a list of
changes by means other than calling log() on the repository root.

This brings up two other questions... Should we have a repositoryRoot()
function? Should there be a way to compare VcsRevision's? (The obvious
use-case for the latter is to determine if a file is up to date or needs
to be updated.)

--
Matthew
"Ah, yes. Control the media and you control the world."