[VCS] Merging IAtomic* into IBasic*

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 10 16:50:26 UTC 2007

On 10.05.07 10:10:22, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Robert Gruber wrote:
> > Implementing IAtomicBrowsableVersionControl does not
> > really make much sens for CVS. Unlike in SVN a revision
> > is not unique, so you can't find any changes with only
> > a revision. You always need a file and a revision. If I
> > understand correctly, repositoryRevision() is nothing else
> > than calling "cvs status" on the given file. It will give
> > the repository revision, which will (if the file's up-to-date)
> > be the same as the lokal revision.
>
> Just to clarify:
> repositoryRevision gets the most recent revision committed to the /whole
> repository/ (like the "Last Changed Rev" in 'svn info'). So if I am
> understanding you correctly, there is no such thing in CVS. Note that
> repositoryRevision does *not* take a repo path. I think you would use
> log() to get the information you are talking about.

Did you look at repositoryRevision lately? It does take a path and IMHO
its not what you want it to be. It tells you the last revision when the
given path was changed. What would use-case do you have for knowing the
latest global revision number?

You will be a winner today.  Pick a fight with a four-year-old.