VcsJob, two quick questions

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 22:07:58 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.05.07 10:43:27, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Preference? Done, Cancelled, Error - or - Succeeded, Failed, Cancelled?
>
> The 2nd is better IMHO. Done doesn't really imply that it is sucessfully
> done - to me.

Agreed... didn't *you* write Done? ;-)

>> Should we also provide fetchNewResults? Or is that too much work for too
>> little benefit?
>
> Oh, the api dox are not clear, after one fetchResults() call the vcsjobs
> internal buffer is emptied. Just like QProcess works, once you've read
> the output the internal buffer is emptied. A vcs job shouldn't be
> something that lives very long once its finished.

Hmm... ok, so the caller is responsible for collating results if it
reads them in incrementally? I was thinking that seemed more
complicated, but I guess if you're retrieving them incrementally you can
figure that out. I'll update the doc, thanks.

--
Matthew
"Please remain calm... I may be mad, but I am a professional."