[KDev4] VCS Ifaces copy/move/update/log problem.

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 4 18:32:29 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 04.05.07 13:31:11, dukju ahn wrote:
>> 1. I've just found out that subversion doesn't support
>> recursive/non-recursive selections for
>> IBasicVC::copy(), move()
>>
>> In subversion, these two are always recursive. There is no flags
>> to set recursive/non-recurse.
>
> Hmm, that is a problem indeed. You can't emulate that without loosing
> history.

I think the usual method is either to not copy the directories (i.e. do
files one at a time) or nuke what you don't want later. This should work
for IBasicVC (since the copy isn't committed immediately).

> Matthew: any objections against making copy/move always work recursive
> on a directory? Else we'd have to add a clear comment to the API that
> move/copy might ignore the recursion parameter if the VCS doesn't
> support it.

Mails waving at each other as the pass, again. :-) No objection, and
actually the ifaces already don't have a recursive parameter. Oh,
wait... only in IRepoVC they don't. So, nuked in IBasicVC as well.

However... this brings up another omission, I think IRepoVC actually
needs copy() and showCopy() because these are doing a commit() under the
covers. Yes? No?

>> 2. in IBasicVC::update(), how about specifying revision as an argument?
>> Updaiting to specific revision is very useful, especially in case when
>> the HEAD contains compile erros.
>
> Agreed, from me.

Already fixed. :-)

>> 3. IBasicVC::log() should have revision or revision range.
>
> Yeap. I thought I already had that in an earlier version.

I don't remember it, but if it got nuked accidentally, my apologies. :-)

--
Matthew
Current geek index: 62%